Crisis_Core
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Level Requirements

+3
Pie
Jeriel
MrAwesome009
7 posters

Go down

Like it? Hate it? What do you think?

New Level Requirements I_vote_lcap33%New Level Requirements I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
New Level Requirements I_vote_lcap56%New Level Requirements I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
New Level Requirements I_vote_lcap11%New Level Requirements I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

New Level Requirements Empty New Level Requirements

Post  MrAwesome009 Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Your thoughts?

Personally, I'm extremely mad at this. Its going to change Shaiya into a completely different game. There will be about 10 times more UMs by this weekend alone, I'm sure.

Post your opinion here.
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

https://crisiscore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Level Requirements Empty Re: New Level Requirements

Post  Jeriel Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 pm

<3 it !!!!
Jeriel
Jeriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Pie Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:44 pm

Aieria selling out for more money from res runes. Its gonna make 1-15 a nightmare for the few nm's like me that play there.

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:46 pm

I have mixed feelings about this. Guildwise, this could bring alot of our members into HM and UM way faster. On the other hand, knowing that I and many others had to spend hours to hit 50 to unlock HM....all that work seems to be for nothing now. They should probably give it a one week trial or something >.> the new UMS are going to be screwed unless the use real cash for resurrection runes... They have no high level toons to farm lapis or anything else for gold.
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:56 pm

Sure, its great that a bunch of cool guildies get to be HM now (or UM) but its really detrimental in the long run. I use my lvl 50 NM so much, since its 1. A great source of income (you get more money when you're 10 more lvls higher) 2. A way to farm duels, lvl 5s (I haven't done these yet though), lvl 4s, and lvl 3s (all of which will be inaccessible unless people pass level 45ish). It will become utterly impossible for me to find a decent party to get these, since nobody will be passed lvl 40, cause they'd be off making HMs.

I think its incredibly unfair to the people who had to spend that extra like 3 weeks lvling their lvl 40-50. PvP 1-60 will be absolutely DESERTED, since those few people who decided to make it to lvl 50+ will dominate it, and nobody below lvl 50 will be able to survive. I also have a feeling that this will generate more inflation, since there's a sudden demand for more rez runes for newly made UMs. PvP 1-15 won't have ANY NMs in there, making it really hard for HMs and UMs to get those kills that they need to rank up.

Honestly, I don't see any good coming out of this. They're only doing it because they see that their numbers show that theres almost all NMs. First off, that's NORMAL, since everyone starts there. A TON of them have to be people who played the game for 3 days, decided it wasn't their thing, and uninstalled. As for there barely being any UMs, I thought that was the point!

I could go on about this forever. Its going to ruin the game. I think I'm probably the most avid person opposed to this here.
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pie Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:03 pm

MrAwesome009 wrote:
I think its incredibly unfair to the people who had to spend that extra like 3 weeks lvling their lvl 40-50.

3 weeks? You had better luck than I did. XD

On the plus side though, those of us that can farm duals are gonna be quite rich. $_$

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post  eruthiad Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Personally, I think it's a good move b/c while yes, the area will be flooded w/ new UM's, they'll learn the hard way the price you have to pay (like I did XP). This will eventually equilibrate and although overall, there will be more UM's, at least more people who actually can handle UM will be UM instead of previously when they were excluded b/c of the large barrier. This will promote a demographic that favors skill rather than not having a life. Plus, allowing people to go to HM makes the game a lot better for HM's b/c there will be more people to pt with when you're trying to lvl your HM character. However, I do have to say that the PvP environment will change as more people will participate since, let's be honest here, HM's and UM's are the ones doing most of the killing (NM's contribute to parties but they don't do the most dmg). So expect HM & UM to not be so exclusive anymore (awwww...I know you guys liked to feel special XP). However, there is one place that is now becoming MORE exclusive b/c of this lvl drop and that's lvl 41+. So if you want to feel special, do it the old fashioned way - get to 50 (and make me less lonely in karis :( ). XP Well, that's just my opinion. Anyone like to comment?
eruthiad
eruthiad

Back to top Go down

Post  Thallis Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:29 pm

Me no likey new system. T_T it took me months to get to HM. Level 40's not easy to get to but compared to the road to level 50 it's not such a bad drive. I know some people hit 50 just before they changed it and I bet it really sucked the pride out of it. No HM is the new NM and soon nearly everyone will be UM. *sigh*

Oh well on the bright side stuck up guilds comprised mostly of UMs and HMs *cough* eternity will no longer be able to run us out of good farming areas.

There should be a new mode S.(uper)U.(ltimate)M.(ode)! You could like kill everything in one hit, be all invincible, and fly! Then again...I think that's just call god mode so scratch that idea.
Thallis
Thallis

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 pm

xD

Now that I've settled down and stuff from the initial time that I heard about this, its not as bad as I thought it would be. I ended up getting a bunch of AP items (Really good ones, at that) from it, so its all good. Plus, a whole lotta new, cool dudes got to start HM characters at just the right time for me to need to level my lower level characters, so that all worked out nicely. As for it ruining PvP, I haven't noticed any change so far in 1-15. It does kinda suck that there's less people to help me farm lapises though, which is something that I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY need right now. Hopefully, that'll all work out.

Overall, I think it was a good idea, considering how much more money AG&E is making, which they use to make Shaiya better (and run drug wars... I guess someone has to do it).
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 am

The only thing I dislike is the lack of 50s+ and this sort of screws up dino farming and the final part of the guild quest(If the ever fix it so the majority of us can participate >.> thanks to whoever got us the 300 or so etin Razz)
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfpsyco Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Though we can see the changes now (I've found quite a few noobish HM's here and there >.>), in the grand scheme of things, everything is going to be pretty much the same. It's not like those old level 50's are gonna disappear, and those new HM and UM are gonna find that it's worth taking the extra time to get to 50, so after a little while, this whole thing will probably be forgotten >.> And of course, there will always be a lot of NMs running around. So I'm throwing it into the "Don't care" hat XD
Wolfpsyco
Wolfpsyco

http://cwonp.newgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Thallis Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:49 pm

New HMs and I mean NOOB HMs are annoying and plentiful now. Everywhere I go one is challenging me. They're such jerks. My major beef is 1) I didn't want to fight 10 seconds ago and I don't want to now so stop challenging me! and 2) Why challenge a priest?
Thallis
Thallis

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:35 am

Dude... Just put auto-reject on for your battles. I did that such a long time ago, since its freaking annoying being challenged by fighters every 20 seconds while walking in keo, when you're a priest. And btw, "But you can heal yourself!" is not a legitimate argument of how a priest MIGHT be decent in battle. As soon as Potential Motive(?) runs out, you're screwed.
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfpsyco Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

And 9 times out of 10, you die before PM even activates... unless you're Lust XD But even then, there isn't much chance for a priest to win, especially against rangers >.<
Wolfpsyco
Wolfpsyco

http://cwonp.newgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down