Crisis_Core
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inactive members

+6
OrderlySuspection
MrAwesome009
KillerRaider
-Flash^
ladyraizu
Pride
10 posters

Go down

Inactive members Empty Inactive members

Post  Pride Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:11 pm

As some of you might know by now, Crisis_Core is one of the top guilds on the teos server. However, that ranking is by mere numbers. Numbers are not something I care for. I look for members that are active. Before being accepted, most have been asked if they are active. That and the promise of following official shaiya rules has been the requirement of joining. But, over half our members are innactive. There's even a level one. Who thinks we should remove the innactives, even if it would take us off the top guild list probably. We will rise to the top again, but with active members. So, I'm asking for opinions. Kick or keep the innactives?
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Inactive members Empty Re: Inactive members

Post  ladyraizu Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Kick their sorry little butts to the curb! Twisted Evil

You said you believed in quality over quantity, and right now, quality is the more pressing issue. There are quite a lot of people who play the game, but there are only a few that talk and chat among other players.

So...That's 1 vote for ze boot! ;D

ladyraizu

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 pm

yeah they've been booted. There'll be a cleanup every 2 weeks or so
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  ladyraizu Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Well, I'm technically not even in the guild so I don't have to worry about being cleaned out Razz

ladyraizu

Back to top Go down

Post  -Flash^ Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Nice this ios good way to boot inactive members and ok on the game Give out the LAst warning if you dont join website boot them too that would work.
-Flash^
-Flash^

http://z7.invisionfree.com/_L_O_D_

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerRaider Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:52 pm

I am also in favor of the "boot" idea. Sure we may not be in the top anymore, but with a great guild like this, it's hard to stay off the top for very long Razz
KillerRaider
KillerRaider

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Very Happy oh and raider, we're talking guild screenshots later today, can you and dranx get on please?
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerRaider Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 am

awwww Crying or Very sad I was gone most of the day...oh well, next time, try to give me a little more notice Smile
KillerRaider
KillerRaider

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Yeah... not like my vote matters or anything, since its way too late... but I vote DAS BOOOOOOT (Beerfest. Anyone??, Anyone?). Just the website alone shows that we have a wide variety of people, and crap, and a ton of active people... so... yeah... Sure we'll loose our rank, but i don't really care. We'll be in the top 10 in notime if we are able to say "Yeah, we have 30 members or whatever. All active" instead of "Yeah, we have 60 members, although about half of them are inactive".
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

https://crisiscore.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladyraizu Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:53 pm

...And you have one unofficial member that isn't even in the guild to begin with! >.>

ladyraizu

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Can we kick her out? Pleeeeasseee?
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ladyraizu Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am

Okies, I'll leave ^^

ladyraizu

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:20 pm

=_= ur not serious right?
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  OrderlySuspection Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:22 am

Someone should keep I list or something ( I dont know if anyone is already ) but it should have catagories. One should be: ones to watch ( people that have not been on for 3 straight days.) Another can be: On the brink of being booted ( people that have not been on for a week.) And then finally: Your out ( People that have not been on for two weeks.) This is Just a suggestion, so no one has to do it, and if you think it is a good idea I would be happy to do it. I dont really care it is just an idea.
OrderlySuspection
OrderlySuspection

Back to top Go down

Post  Pride Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 am

it's a very could idea Very Happy just hard to keep track of alts =/ i always get confused lol
Pride
Pride
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:20 am

Hmm, yeah.... I don't know how we could make a list, unless someone is on 24/7 and is paying attention to who's on at all times, but I don't think that's happening. Frankly, i can't remember what's happened for a straight 3 days, let alone 2 weeks, so theres no way i could keep track of stuff like that.

Its a really good thought, but unless Shaiya itself has a way of telling you that, then I don't see how it would work =/
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OrderlySuspection Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:21 pm

Ok I see the point, it really is not possible. But we can't just kick members because we think that they have been inactive. So there should be something we should do. But I/we will/should leave that up to Pride Razz

P.S. If I say to much more I could get really bossy. And I dont want that to happen. For some reason I feel weird about posting this, dont ask why, I dont even know.

P.S.S. Maybe we could ask on the Aeria/Shaiya forums to see if here is something they could do to upgrade Shaiya to tell guild leaders about inactive members, but I dont know, that sounds a little... impossible aswell. And I am slightly tired, so maybe that is the problem of why it feels wierd to post this is everything. Who knows?
OrderlySuspection
OrderlySuspection

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:44 am

I say just keep it simple. Kick any 1-14 members who haven't gained a level in a week or so, because they are obviously a dead character.

For characters over that level, maybe you should get a list of those you think should be kicked soon and post it here on the forums. That could give people the chance to say whether a character is an alt, or if someone in the guild is away for a while and only a few know that.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Yna Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 am

I have a suggestion. If a char is not online for 5 days straight, we should kick him/her, unless they say something like "i have to attend a family reunion" or something. btw, i wont be on tomorrow, i'll be online saturday or sunday. ^^
Yna
Yna

http://papz105.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrAwesome009 Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:41 pm

How about, if we notice that they've been gone for x amount of time, then we'll kick them out. Nobody is going to actually keep track though. Yeah, it'd make it much easier if they're below level like 20 (just make sure you don't delete Hitman, he's lvl 15 on purpose)
MrAwesome009
MrAwesome009
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfpsyco Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:52 pm

OrderlySuspection wrote:
P.S.S. Maybe we could ask on the Aeria/Shaiya forums to see if here is something they could do to upgrade Shaiya to tell guild leaders about inactive members, but I dont know, that sounds a little... impossible aswell. And I am slightly tired, so maybe that is the problem of why it feels wierd to post this is everything. Who knows?

Just have a date of when they last logged in. Shouldn't be difficult at all, most websites have them. It'd make the whole inactive issue far easier to enforce. But I doubt they'd do it.

Marcus wrote:
I say just keep it simple. Kick any 1-14 members who haven't gained a level in a week or so, because they are obviously a dead character.

That's actually pretty good, I like that. Though we have to be careful of PvP alts. Which I guess is why you said 14, and not 15 or 20.

Yna wrote:
I have a suggestion. If a char is not online for 5 days straight, we should kick him/her, unless they say something like "i have to attend a family reunion" or something.

The problem is though, that it isn't always easy to know if a character has been online or not. We've already kicked out an active member for being "inactive", simply because they play on an irregular schedule. If we really wanted to be serious about this, we could make a team of people who would watch out for certain guildies who we think are inactive. If they're spotted, then we can cross them off. And these people would be on at different times, so we can cover the whole clock. But really, I don't think it's that pressing of an issue. If a guildie seems inactive, but we aren't sure, we should give them the benefit of the doubt, and not kick them, what's the harm if an inactive member sticks around for a while? Versus the harm of accidently kicking out an active member of the guild?
Wolfpsyco
Wolfpsyco

http://cwonp.newgoo.net

Back to top Go down

Inactive members Empty an idea

Post  Matrian Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:23 pm

You could add a member database to the website, and have the registered user as the primary with their alts showing alphabetically or numerically by level on a chart. Check out how we did it at www.shadowsyndicate.net

Matrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down